View Single Post
Old 02-22-15, 11:18 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by FarHorizon
OK - I can afford a moisture trap. I've been trying since posting the photos to Google a manual for the Husky sprayer without success. Any idea where to find one?

I guess it would be prudent to get the manual for the compressor as well. I suspect it has some maintenance requirements.

With a different tip, could I do my own sand blasting with this compressor too?

Blasting isn't expensive, but painting is. Maybe to avoid silicosis and to save time, I should just pay to have my frame blasted & then use this rig to do the painting?

What's the learning curve for the paint ***? Last time I painted a frame with spray cans, I had only one sag. How long will it take me to become competent with the air sprayer?
A sandblasting spraygun is a totally different animal. I would also suggest a possible "cheater" valve at the spraygun to fine tune the pressure to the paint. Practice on some tubing, garden tools. Then really plan your paint application. Consider doing the complicated regions first. Much easier than attempting to spray them last. If you are using a gravity or siphon feed spraygun be sure you can move the frame around to keep the spraygun orientation happy. Avoid painting in marginal temperatures, warm is better.

That spraygun is way bigger than anything I have used on a bike frame. One knob adjusts the paint flow and the other the air, which adjusts the "fan" or the width of the spray. You need a detail spraygun in my opinion to avoid wasting paint, and for better control.

Last edited by repechage; 02-22-15 at 11:23 AM.