View Single Post
Old 05-13-16, 06:33 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Regulatori
I've heard a lot of people say that if you're riding a pursuit frame, you angle the saddle downward.
Even on mild angled top tubes like CDale tracks or GT GTB/Pulse, it's like a 50/50 split...people either angle the seat based on the top tube or they ignore it.

I understand the contoured dips...but that's my question, a saddle like a Flight has that center valley that extends flat to the nose. Only the rear angles upward. Do you measure both ends or just the flatter valley section where you sit?

A more extreme example would be a Concor Supercorsa Sprint saddle. Do you go off the main flat area or include the upward rear section? If you include the rear section, the nose is going to angle upwards.

I could understand angling your seat down a bit for a pursuit frame on the track, just like many TT bikes have a saddle with the a short nose...this is because you're bent over more. Same with the sprint saddle, it's designed for sprinting, so the back part is supposed to keep you on your saddle when you're pushing a harder effort.

For normal everyday riding tho, you're not in an aero tuck the entire ride, nor are you really needing a special sprint saddle.