Old 05-13-16, 06:38 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
Originally Posted by Regulatori
I've heard a lot of people say that if you're riding a pursuit frame, you angle the saddle downward.
Even on mild angled top tubes like CDale tracks or GT GTB/Pulse, it's like a 50/50 split...people either angle the seat based on the top tube or they ignore it.

I understand the contoured dips...but that's my question, a saddle like a Flight has that center valley that extends flat to the nose. Only the rear angles upward. Do you measure both ends or just the flatter valley section where you sit?

A more extreme example would be a Concor Supercorsa Sprint saddle. Do you go off the main flat area or include the upward rear section? If you include the rear section, the nose is going to angle upwards.

The thing about pursuit frames is dumb. Might have had some relevance when pursuit frames with downward sloping top tubes and dropped front ends were still manufactured and used, but it's completely moot now. The Flite you posted doesn't have a flat section. That Supercorsa Sprint was designed in the era of crazy aero experimentation and is now race illegal and irrelevant.