View Single Post
Old 06-30-19, 05:23 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by Pemetic2006
Looks like Fubo offers its services in Canada - but just like here in the US you have to pay an additional $11.99 for cycling. I get Fubo from early March to early June so I can watch the classics, Tirreno - Adriatico, Romandie, and the Giro.
I did that this spring, using a discount code through steephill.tv. But it doesn't pencil out just for cycling. Flobikes is a better deal if you are only looking for the cycling. Fubo worth a look if you're cutting the cord and want the tv service, too.

As far as I can tell, Fubo and Flobikes carry the same stuff in the US, i.e. everything that isn't locked down by NBC. Canada, I suspect you'll be even more well served there.

Does anyone know if there is a corporate shell game going on with Fubo and Flo? Or is it just that they each have slightly different non-exclusive licenses with the organizers/distributors?

On viewing details -- and some of these are a bit fuzzy in my own mind so don't trust them, but -- Fubo required you to DVR a race if you wanted to watch it non-live, so you had to pay for the DVR feature. Flo gave you access to all the replays without putzing around with DVRing them, but you couldn't join the replay until the race was over -- you could join late and watch live, or watch from the start after the race was over, minimized controls over the live stream. IMHO, neither was great features but both worked fine and Flo was a more tolerable compromise, even without the much cheaper price.