View Single Post
Old 02-26-15, 09:32 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cocoabeachcrab
well, I swapped out the freewheel (the original one is a clunker) with a 7 speed shimano, replaced the rear derailleur and installed some sexy gold sealed bearing pulleys in the derailleur, replaced the crank with a campy record 53t, dumped the plastic pedals, a pair of maxxis tires, and my brooks b67 saddle on top of a controltech post (i'm not a lightweight guy...)
Can you post the model #'s of the equipment you added? I was thinking a possible change to a 52 or 53 T chainwheel with a MegaRange freewheel (14-34T) to give me a climbing gear.

I'm also curious if anyone changed out rim strips. I usually use Velox fabric tape and have had good luck. Did you replace the rim strip? I don't know what the current one looks like. Sometimes they are really cheesy on cheap bikes.