mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
Actually, I find that most drivers, 99.9%, are courteous, give us a lot of space, even stop and ask us if we need assistance when standing on the side of the road looking at a map. The loop through Michigan that I was talking about in an earlier post was 1000 miles long, including riding through Detroit. We did not have one incident similar to what you described.
Glad to hear you had a good experience riding through "the D". I'll loop into Detroit for a CRITICAL MASS, and organized "Tour de Troit", or just to get a cup of coffee, and I've not had any problems.

- AS A MATTER OF FACT: on the Tour de Troit I had a rider drafting me too closely, didn't pay attention to a stop sign we were rolling up to, didn't pay attention to me saying "breakbreakbreakbreak" and he shoved me in to an intersection that didn't have to stop - The drive must have been paying really good attention and was totally on the brakes.
The only issue was the knuckle head drafting me going over his bars and landing on his head.

Last edited by mrv; 04-26-15 at 05:48 AM. Reason: brakes, not breaks....