Old 01-24-21, 08:52 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
As we male bicyclists age the perineum pressure problem can get far worse. My perineum pressure problem culminated in a severe case of prostatitis. After consulting with a Urologist and being given the news that horned bicycle seats where now not cool I switched to noseless saddles. I have tried three different brands. Easy Seat, Spongy Wonder, and Spiderflex. My experience with two different Easy Seat models and the Spongy Wonder was that you lost the stability and control the horn of the saddle gives you. These saddles also can give you saddle sores just like their horned brethren. Because the perineum is not carrying any of your weight any more there is more pressure on your sitz bones and this can accelerate saddle sore formation. Last year I tried the Spiderflex saddle. This hornless saddle has trapezoid cutouts where your sitz bones contact the saddle. The saddle also features a built in suspension system. This saddle has yet to hurt me or cause saddle sores. As a bonus because your sitz bones are held by the saddle pads this seat feels a lot like a horned saddle in stability and control. All three brands of hornless saddles solve the perineum pressure problem completely. No numbness or other injuries to that area. I have bought another Spiderflex saddle for another bike in by stable and continue to have a very good opinion of this saddle. Of course the other solution to this problem can be a recumbent bicycle which also solves this pressure problem with their seats. Good luck with this issue.