Old 02-20-21, 12:08 PM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Last year after really getting back into cycling after a 15 year hiatus, my return came with a big surprise ->. Unpredictable urinary urgency. From research I determined it was due to compression of the perennial nerve that is the major nerve in the crotch area which controls all functions in the netherparts. So my quest for a saddle began which did not compress the nerve....
Have you tried changing the riding position? Perhaps an upright position would change the geometry enough to resolve the issue? I didn’t experience this issue, but I did a lot of tinkering last year and ended up changing both bikes to SS with touring bars. Also went to a basic modern saddle with a center channel. The end result is more comfort even on much longer rides.

The swept bars and SS seem to go together, as the swept back position helps with making long, standing climbs feel like I’m running up the hill in a very balanced and natural position.

Of course that kind of setup may not help and it may be a bridge too far to contemplate on your current bike. Perhaps you could get an old beater and try it out in an upright posture?

Hope that helps!

Otto