Alberto

Bikes: Bianchi Liquigas Via Nirone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Panaracer Gravel king SK 38 mm

Originally Posted by skidad21774
Also interested in an update/info on gravel tires. Recently purchased a Roubaix for my road rides. Looking for gravel/trail tires for my 2016 Diverge DSW Elite (Alum). It is stock (AXIS 3.0 wheels) recently replaced my OEM Specialized (30mm) for a set of Gatorskins (28mm). Now that my wife and I are riding more "mixed surfaces/rails and trails" I'm looking for a larger tire with better grip (Gskins are slipping too much when we get on wet grass, etc.).

I have experience in these tires with two different wheels, the OEM Axis sport disc and Mavic Aksium, no problem to change tires. The grip is very good, you can roll fast in gravel and tarmac, no problem at all, in mud and rain is not bad. If you are not going into rainy days and mud you can go with the gravel king, it is lighter and lower rolling resistance (faster). I only had one puncture but it was in a side wall of the tyre with a thorn, completely my fault. My recommendation is to use the proper tyre pressure. I ride with inner tubes and I usually go with 55 in the front and 60 in rear. If I am bike packing 60 front 70 rear. The tire limit is 75 with inner tubes, 65 tubeless.