I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,532 Times in 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
A couple of years ago, Elly wrote up an article for Grist about her first attempt to ride 100 km. I find it odd for someone who has never attempted to ride even 100 km to be considered an experienced cyclist. One really can't get very far if one restricts one's riding to distances shorter than that. Little wonder the trip around the country she refers to in the OP is by motor vehicle. Her only riding experience is short trips around town, mostly in one city. That is not the pedigree of an experienced cyclist.
[SKIP]
To be honest, those of us from the old guard welcomed the new people who began cycling this past decade with open arms.
Originally Posted by GodsBassist
Although, I often only ride 12 miles in a day, so I hope my voice counts despite apparently being some kind of inexperienced noob who isn't a real cyclist. My pedigree is in the mail, though.
What you don't ride 100kms at a time? No wonder you consider yourself a noob and not a Real Cyclist™! Don't feel bad, I am also like you and can count the times I have ridden over 100kms in a day on just my fingers and that is after 60 years of Not Real Cycling™. You and I just don't qualify as experienced cyclists like the men among boy cyclists, B. Carfree and the "The Old Guard."