View Single Post
Old 03-30-19, 07:48 PM
hig4s

Bikes: Evil Insurgent, Giant Stance, Wife has Liv Cypress, son has Motobecane HT529

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ogmtb

Your lack of experience is showing. Many people, including me, ride mountain trails (that don’t exist in Florida) year round.
I build my first mountain bike in 1970 when I lived in Michigan. I moved to San Diego and lived and road there for three years, then moved to LA county and live and road there for two more, then moved to Hawaii for two years. Did you know there are actual mountain bike trails there too now? I know there are real mountains that have bike trails available all year, but that is not the case in most areas of the country. And there are very few not on the West Coast. Not an option for everyone. If you don't like Florida and don't want to ride here, fine. Not everyone likes California either. But if you are ever in Florida and want to ride just to see, and don't want to buy my book because you think a book on mountain biking Florida is lame, let me know. I will personally show you the best trails here for free, I will introduce you to some people here that can really ride (I'm not really one of them). You may still think the trails are lame, but I bet you meet some good people and still have fun. And as far as I'm concerned that's what it's all about.
Likes For hig4s: