Old 07-16-19, 06:04 PM
raffivegas

Bikes: Huffytoss Blackwater, Pure Fix OG Fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Pure Fix Original Fixie pedal hits wheel

Hi there, long time lurker here, not new to forums or forum etiquette/culture. I've searched around regarding pedals hitting wheels and most people want to immediately think "toe overlap" which is not what this is. This is pedal to wheel overlap. Every thread I've found on pedal to wheel overlap, the reason for the overlap was because the fork was on backwards. So, I went and checked out my bike and tried the fork both ways and the result is identical. I think some context will be helpful.

I picked up this beaut on OfferUp yesterday. Kid told me it was rideable, because I wanted to make sure it was before I made the drive to pick it up. When I showed up, he and his mom emerged with the bike in hand from behind a dumpster, lol. It was weird, but they had walked to our public meeting spot. He was holding one of the crank arms in one hand saying all it needed was a bolt. Too bad the square peg hole in the crank arm is warped. The BB looks good tough, but I'll need a replacement crank. Both the tires are flat and one is missing a tube. Rideable...

In any case, and I kind of noticed this in the pics the kid had posted, I found the stance of the bike different than the current generation of Pure Fix Original fixies. The crank arm length is 170mm. Is this normal? Is the fork on the right way? Thoughts?

Also, and this may be a question for a wheel building forum, but is there a reason a single spoke on each wheel is red? I wanted to remove the spokes and take the wheel apart and sand or chemically remove the black spray paint they used on these originally red wheels. I looked at stock pictures of Pure Fix wheels and they have black spokes with a single red one. Is this used like that for assembly order or something significant? Pics attached. All subjective and objective thoughts welcome, thanks!

pics here (not technically URLs):
ibb dot co/qsNrd1Z
ibb dot co/WsfG2br
ibb dot co/WWtBnqN
ibb dot co/DGW258j
ibb dot co/q0ZhcxH
ibb dot co/vzHkkT4
ibb dot co/rt2qZdP