View Single Post
Old 08-08-19, 06:44 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
I got my Sidi Kaos Carbon Air shoes today. Look like serious quality and aesthetically beautiful. But, the 6 out of 6 reviewers who said they fit true to size are absolutely crazy. Every shoe or moto boot I've ever bought have been a Euro 45 or US 10 1/2 and that's what I ordered. These are seriously too small. Back they go for a 46.
I wore a 45 in Sidi, but a 44 in pretty much everything else. Giro's also run very small, in my experience.

I also found that the Sidi Megas weren't really wider, they were just bigger. It was as if instead of making a 45 wider, they just gave me a 46 and called it a 45 Mega. My forefoot is very wide. My heel is normal. So, the Megas really didn't work for me because the heel was much too loose.

Originally Posted by colnago62
Were the Bonte too narrow?
Yes, Bonts are too narrow. Regular and wide. They post the widths on their website, but even the wides aren't quite wide enough. To be fair, I have only purchased and tried a cheap pair of regular width Bonts and not the wide ones. I didn't feel like ordering them and trying to mold them wide enough only to find out it wouldn't work since once you mold them, you cannot return them.

Lake's widest option is just wide enough for me.

I really do have duck feet.