Old 08-19-19, 12:20 PM
MyTi
6-4 Titanium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
That's you, though. I don't want a bike that cost as much, or more than a car, motorcycle or a piece of construction equipment, nor do I have the money.

Bikes are like hotrodding to me; make it your own, make it work, and work good. Nothing wrong with putting a bit of work in an old bike. If I could, I'd rather be restomodding a 74 Ford Maverick, I can't, so I'm restomodding this. As a daily driver it needs to be comfortable and perform well. It's not like I'm dropping carbon on the thing.
Bike $50
Tires $22 a piece
Front rim kicking around my apartment
Back rim(plus front), brake levers(not on it) $25
Lizardskin bartape(not on it) $38
Red cable housings $2 per ft(TBA)
Saddle(TBA)
Security skewers(TBA)
Red bmx pedals(TBA)
Not a lot of money. Still going to be dope when finished. The money spent will probably end up still being less than it cost new.
Well it’s fine I guess. Ya for me it would be hard to want to ride on a 30 pound older road bike with old components for the weekends any way. I understand if it’s about affordability. I’m building an old commuter myself and don’t need it to be some fancy $1000 commuter bike with newer component group. Trying to keep the cost below $300 is ideal. But for serious riding and if you enjoy cycling I think it’s better forking over some dough and supporting the industry.