View Single Post
Old 04-14-21, 01:05 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
1982 Trek 720

The color scheme might be a match for the the 1982 Trek 720 road bike (dark pewter/slate gray panels). They built roadbikes from '82 to '85 and 720 multittrack models from 1990 to 2000 but none of those colors would match anything on the four years they made the 720 road bike. Sometimes the manufacturers date code the cranks on the back of the crank. Too bad I tossed my old Sugino crank that had been sitting around forever. Can't check it for a date code.
Here is a site that allows you to date Trek bikes Trek Bike Models by Year and Color, If you go down a ways in the table you will find the various iterations of the 720. Some of the parts like the Huret derailleurs and that mechanical mileage meter on the front wheel show it is pretty old. That version of the "bike computer" tallied the number of turns of the front wheel so you had to convert that to miles traveled by the front wheel. I first saw bar end shifters by Sugino in the early 1970s. They were a great replacement for downtube shifters, much easier to reach.