View Single Post
Old 09-30-10, 07:24 AM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I don't understand why everything is saying an upright will crush your junk and your spine will take too much shock. I've done like 60km straight with an upright and neither my spine or my wrists where hurting by the end it felt great. You don't use a road bike seat for an upright bike guys, there's different tools for different styles or riding. With a road bike you don't have much weight on the seat when you go over bumps and stuff because your arms and legs will absorb it easily. But with my upright I chose a seat with springs and a cutout in the middle so ergonomically all the weight is only on your sit bones and zero pressure in your "junk" area.

Everyone should choose the correct tools to the bike they are using, my bike originally had a seat without spring or a cutout. Lets just say in 2 days I had to go to the bike store to get a new seat cause it was splitting me apart over every bump I went over! But the same crappy seat worked great on my mtn bike though because of my seating position there and replaced the older seat on that said bike .