View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 11:23 AM
PeaceByJesus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Current bargains on some cheap parts

I sometimes look for the lowest prices for things like tires, bikes, saddles, pedals etc. for free (labor, and parts at cost) basic bike fixing on the sidewalk in this populous in this (relatively poor) city*, and so I thought it also would be good to share what I came across in order to save money. This is not addressing high end long-lasting parts, but basic parts for old bikes. In the past the lowest cost parts overall could be found at Niagara cycle, but which went under, and is now The Bike Shop (see thread here ), and the parts are about 30% higher than last year. And with the rise in tariffs then they may increase.

Currently, the best buys (while they last) I have prayerfully found are:

1. https://www.bikewagon.com (free shipping on $50 0rders, plus %5 off if sign up for offers)-
Defiance Bicycle Tube 20 x 2.0-2.25 Shrader Valve 32mm 3 for $3.15 (limited quantity)
Defiance Bicycle Tube 700 x 28-35c Shrader Valve 32mm 3 for $3.15 (limited quantity)
$9.70
CST Chicopee Comp Bike Tire 26x2.1 Black Steel Bead $11.99 (limited quantity)

2.Amazon
Wanda Beach Cruiser Tires, 26 inch x 2.125 12.99 $6.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25
Bell 7025229 Kicks 450 Universal Cruiser Pedall $6.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25
M-Wave Ventura Kids Bicycle Pedals $4.99 1/2'' axle; $6.61 for 9/16'' & FREE Shipping on orders over $25
DYNWAVE Plastic Kids Bicycle Pedals Ultralight Anti-Slip Pedal with Safety Reflector 13mm'' $4.99 & FREE Shipping
Iumer Folding Bicycle Pedals Outdoor Cycling Bike Flat Platform Pedals $6.63 & FREE Shipping

3. Walmart
Bell Standard Schrader Valve Bicycle Inner Tube, 20" x 1.75-2.25",or 26" x 1.75-2.25, 4-Pack $14.96 free delivery over $35

4 Ebay
Slime Hand Floor Pump 2060A (via Pepboys) $4.83+US $5.00 shipping (lasts thousands of pumps, except for the hose: replace with 3/16"/ 5mm Silicone Vacuum Hose)
Bicycle Pump Dual Double Nozzles Presta Schrader 2 for US $1.47 Free shipping
Skybulls Cycling Bike 3D Silicone Gel Pad Seat 5 for US $4.20 Free shipping
Pair Double Lock On Locking Mountain BMX Bike Bicycle Handle Bar Grips 3 at 2.80 a pair Free shipping

That's all for now. If you need something else maybe I can try to find the lowest price for you.

*I have no connection to any of the merchants linked to here, or receive any remuneration, but try you show the love and truth of Christ in small ways at least. Note also that perhaps some may object that I am taking business away from bike shops by fixing bikes for free on the sidewalk, so let me say that the nearest bike shop is miles away, and most bikes for the kids etc. that I deal with are not going to get fixed at bike shops. And considering you can buy a mountain bike at Walmart for $80.00 (which is one reason why bike shops are in higher income areas) if a bike is too far gone then I recommend they go there. Also, i do not (knowingly) fix stolen bikes, and the kids are told that, and to watch and lock up their bikes or keep them inside as such are frequently stolen by petty thieves.

Last edited by PeaceByJesus; 05-15-19 at 01:08 PM.
Likes For PeaceByJesus: