Old 07-14-19, 06:02 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 401 Times in 277 Posts
Tell me about acts of heroism and kindness done by bicyclists.

I lived in a student town in the mid eighties. I and several friends rode our mountain bikes a couple times a week in the area. One morning at the end of the ride as we were coming down the street in front of the University a lady did a right turn out of a parking lot. On top of her car was here child of a few days old in one of those child carriers with the plastic handle. One of us had seen the problem before the others noticed and he sprinted up to the car prior to mom slowing down for the light. He managed to grab the kid but he couldn't make the light but avoided being hit and brought the child up to the lady who was very emotional.

I have got several ladies back on the rode by changing out there flat for the spare while out on my bicycle. I was doing rough and finish work for an electrician in a large housing project in Florida and had my cordless power tools with me in my bob. One day on the way home I saw a beamer with a flat. I crossed the rode and offered to help. The thin female with the butch and the attitude told me she was a layer and I must of done something to cause her to get a flat so I could charge her money. I called the Sheriffs department and let them know she was there. Shortly after I came home a deputy pulled up the drive. I walked out to talk to him I told him what had happened and he told me that she had chased away two toe truck operators. Ive always wondered if she would have acted that way if it had been a woman who offered to help or female toe truck drivers.