View Single Post
Old 08-29-19, 11:16 PM
tobukog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Radish_legs
Yes, my teammate said the same thing to me. He says he thinks I am trying to get visual lines on the apex/turn, and I need to just stay on the wheel and trust where the corner is without seeing it as clearly.

I think if I do this crit, I need to step down to the B race. I think I would be favored to win the B, so it's not nearly the challenge.
Leaving gaps when you're mired in the middle of the field isn't a bad thing in many crits. In fact, it'll help you save energy. However, doing it near the front of the field is usually inefficient.

Looking at the videos, I would guess that you shouldn't be looking at the apex of the turn. You're target fixating and having a too early entry that is throwing off your exit. In anticipation, you're probably braking early to keep yourself from running off on exit. You'd be much better off doing a standard or late entry into the turn and looking at the exit. If you're having confidence issues with a late entry, practice actively counter steering which will initiate a rapid change in lean angle and flatten out your line.