Old 09-03-19, 10:11 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
My wife and I raced Masters Nationals this year - Colorado Sprints for road and Velo Sports Center in Carson for track. She raced road and track won gold in the 2k pursuit at track and was second in the 20 Km road time trial. That is her 4th national title in the individual pursuit. It was very cool to have Nash announce her name at the start of the event along with her being the world record holder in the event.

I was support for road nationals (no racing) and at track nationals I got 5th place - bronze in the 2k pursuit. I managed to get a chest cold 5 days before the event so I was not on my best form. I am still coughing.

As a side note, there was bike check but very limited drug testing at road nats. At track nats, there was drug test for world records only and no bike check unless one set a WR. It all seemed odd to me. Why not more drug testing? I guess that is a rhetorical question. No bike check at masters track? Why? They had the jig and plenty of USAC cycling personnel. There is no answer to these questions. There was a light turnout for road and very minimal participation for track. In general, the racers we have been racing with for years showed up for both events.

Picture using my iPhone by Travis Smith.

Wife in start gate

Standing start

Podium

Her is my wife passing the silver medalist in the pursuit on lap 6.