sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
4,000 miles is certainly respectable but is there a reason why you are waiting for retirement?

Doing 5-7 grand per year is very doable even without retiring. I have buddies that say they don't have time to ride big mileage years. But IMO, it's all about priorities. I don't watch TV, pro sports and don't hit up the local breweries so I spend more time riding than lounging around. Not saying you do, but my priority is exercise over watching tv.

I remember a guy saying working a 40 hour job makes it impossible for one to do over 2,000 miles per year. I bet to differ. I did 7,000 working 10 hour shifts 6 months out of the year and every Saturday for the other 6 months.

Unless a person has young children to care for, it is very easy to do the bigger miles.
You are correct 100%, however working 45 hours a week and keeping all the family/kids activities it get tough to find time to ride. I could ride more but then I would miss family stuff and that isn't worth it to me anyways. Kid school stuff and archery keep us going.

I am not a TV person either, except for hockey. Biking this year was easier becase I got furlowed for while and that gave me lots of time to ride. I could probably push to 3500 but I don't want to make biking a "gotta get the miles in" type activity, I do ride for fitness but more so for fun.

I hear you though, priorites are all in what a person makes them.
Likes For sdmc530: