View Single Post
Old 05-21-16, 04:54 PM
VaBeachTennis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Regulatori
What is the bike's bottom bracket serial number? You don't have to list the whole number...sometimes you can figure out when a frame was made by the first few letters or numbers. Like EJXXXXXX or 98XXXXXX

I've been able to date all of my bikes using this way.

I've been searching through Fisher catalogs for the last 15 minutes and it's not easy trying to date a frame. He uses about 3-5 different "Gary Fisher" fonts/styles each year. A lot of companies will put the exact same logo style on all of their models so you can instantly date the bike knowing when specific fonts were used.
You can try looking through some catalog scans.
Trek, Fisher, Klein, Lemond bike catalogs, bicycle brochures

If you find your frame, the last few pages of the catalog will usually have the specific options on your model...so you can figure out head tube size, bb details, etc..
Thank you, if that catalogue is the same one, I am down to 1999 and still can't find it. One of the reasons I want to know, it to find out what type of I can/should use for the bike. I want to make it more of a road bike, so I want to put a larger sprocket on the front of it. It looks like a lot of the "29ers" come with 32 on the front.
My serial number is: WTU345C1690