Old 02-27-16, 10:21 PM
Boerd

Bikes: Moots Vamoots RSL 2018, Passoni Titanio 2020

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 8 Posts
My Lynskey experience

A few months back, 10/2015 I bought a satin finish Lynskey Helix with Sram Red 22. Beautiful bike and a sweet ride. I ride this bike up Mount Diablo (Norcal) 3-4 times a week and I put a few miles on it.
Now, the original rear tire developed a split on the left side wall (a Mavic tire). I replaced it with a Continental 4000. After 2 or 3 weeks I see the Continental's logo on the same left side shows signs of wearing off. Then I look at the rear fork and notice the wheel has a 2-3 mm clearance on the right side and almost no clearance on the left side. This is a 25x700 Continental and my bike is supposed to be 25x700 compatible. The wheel spins, but at times, on less than perfect roads, it touches the frame on the left side.
Man oh man. A few days later I made a phone call to Lynskey, not looking forward to what I thought could turn into a less than pleasant discussion.
They asked me to take a few photos. The pictures were decent and they show the problem with the rear fork. I also described the problem, in details.
Then, from the get go the Lynskey representative owned the problem. No ifs, buts, no runarounds. He said it's their mistake and he is sorry for the inconvenience.
What really made my day was to hear - "we will build you a new one exactly like the old one, for free, and you send us back the old one". A free, brand new, 2016 Lynskey Helix Pro with NEW Sram Red, etc. to replace my 2015 Helix. I am getting a brand new bike!
This is stellar customer care. I am impressed.

Last edited by Boerd; 02-27-16 at 10:28 PM.