Old 09-18-18, 05:51 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by manuelgabriel
Obviously, 53mm > 47mm but apparently, some tire measurements aren’t accurate at all. Was wondering if the WTBs is one of those tires. Am I able to fit 650bx47c in this bike? If no, what would be the thickest 650b tire that I can fit in this bike. Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated
I've done the same conversion on one of my own bikes. The WTB Horizons are a rounded profile, and the 47 mm width won't occur at the very outer edge of the tire's diameter. Looking at one of my own bikes and measuring with a tape just now, the widest part of the tire appears to fall at around 330 mm from the center of the hub. And my experience with width is that the tires run close to their stated size, and maybe a touch under. I measured all four of my tires just now using a caliper, and their widths are 45 mm and 45 1/2 mm on the bike with narrower rims, and 46 mm and 46 1/2 mm on the bike with wider (28 mm internal) rims. I run low pressures, so it's possible I'd hit closer to 47 mm if I pumped in more air. Hope all this helps. Good luck in deciding. I'm pretty happy with my conversion. I was lucky when I started in that I had a 650b wheel on hand to test with.