View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 10:15 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by sputniky
Of course the durometer of knobs, if present, can vary widely. If a tire has knobs switching to a harder durometer knob will make a miniscule difference on pavement.

Describing a tire as "too soft" as you did certainly does showcase your ignorance since the best racing slicks (that can be inflated to maximum pressures!) use very soft rubber that provides the best grip.

Those "soft" tires don't make folks "lose momentum quick and get really tired fast."

Nah, you're mistaken. Again.
Yes, I'm sure that the relevant discussion is the relative hardness of high end racing tires because clearly someone who is trying to get above 14 MPH is looking to drop grand tour money on that.

Dirt tires are generally softer in all senses of the word than the relevant level of road tires in this discussion, lower pressures and more give in the tread, not to mention knobby. That was obvious from the context of my post, and your "pump" crack was just stupid.

I just swapped out some dirt tires on my cyclocross for a set of road tires, same size, road tire slightly higher pressure, and the dirt tires not especially knobby. The difference in maintaining momentum on the road was dramatic.

You already sidetracked this thread enough with your nonsense. I won't be responding to you further, so feel free to put more stupid words in my mouth.