Old 06-09-19, 10:54 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Helderberg
I was looking at the B-17 advertisement and saw, from the bottom view, that there are a series of holes and laces that appear to offer adjustment for width and a bolt at the nose that appears to allow length adjustment? If I am seeing this correctly, how much adjustment do you actually have over the size/shape of the saddle? In theory it looks very customizable but I have read that the leather is very stiff and takes many miles to "adjust" to the riders personal shape. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Frank.
Not really. As someone else said, maybe after many years, you can turn the bolt. When a Brooks is new, the leather is very hard. You treat the leather with a small amount of proofhide. But in practice, you mostly break in a Brooks by riding it. The give of the leather is pretty subtle, but it is real. My Brooks is 7 years old and while it doesn't look new, it is still fairly hard. That said, though I am an avid rider, I am a recreational rider. That means my bike doesn't side out in the elements all that much, and even in season, I am only riding maybe 3 times per week. I try not to let the saddle get wet, which means putting a plastic bag over it when it is raining.
Likes For MRT2: