View Single Post
Old 12-02-19, 09:42 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
for any "hobby-heads" into model railroading ...

New England Model Train EXPO
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
181 Boston Post Rd W Marlborough MA 01752
Saturday 12/7/19 10am-5pm
Sunday 12/8/19 10am-4pm

NMRA HUB Division - New England Model Train EXPO
FYA, the Charles Ro Supply Company in Malden MA adverises itself as one of America's largest model train stores.

My wife and I have frequently gone dining and/or dancing in Malden, and saw it en route. I have a new colleague at work and I learned he had previously lived in Malden. When I told him we went there on almost every Saturday night, he replied, "Nobody goes to Malden."

Back in 2014, I posted to this thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I preceded up Rte 99 to Rte 60 thorough Malden. On the way I stopped off at the dance joint that my wife and I visit every Saturday night.

To me it resembles a speakeasy because behind that industrial looking door inside the Jackson Street parking structure is a festive and well-appointed ballroom, with live music, a great dance floor, and cheap but good drinks. Just say, “Jim sent me.”

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Finally to end the Magical Mystery Musical Tour, we went back to Malden for dining and dancing that night. (The dance floor is empty, because we arrived early.)
Unfortunately, the joint closed in 2017, but three of our favorite restaurants are still in Malden.

˅˅˅˅

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 12-02-19 at 07:11 PM.
Likes For Jim from Boston: