Old 07-15-20, 09:09 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Old guys are scared to detrain for fear that what is lost will not return. This theory is perpetuated in social media and by some coaches. Yes, age does seem to reek havoc on performance but I see that as a very long and slow moving trend line with ups and downs. My strategy is more about short rest periods for recovery versus taking time off for something else. But I absolutely get elites doing as the please. Why not?

So the current Herme’s household ad hoc training plan continues. We are sooooooooooo scientific. On the way to Fiesta yesterday wife is reading from Facebook a post from Amber Neben. Amber is a female pro racer age 42 and current pro time trial WC and used to be my wife’s racing team coach.

Amber is posting about becoming permafit. That is doing the same thing over and over. Once one is permafit, one begins to get SLOWER. My wife says, she does not want to TTT again today and become permafit. Okay how about 3x10’ of 30on 30 off 5’ RBI with a sprinters warmup on lap one and the 5th lap of tempo.

After the warmup, we start together on set one of 30/30. She is pulling away from me and after a couple of minutes I see her up the road. If she puts a Fiesta lap into me on this workout, I will hate myself. I pick up the power - value of a training partner. We talked about power targets for the ride. I started out with what we agreed but she increased hers to pursuit power. She was feeling great. Girls will be girls or it is a woman’s prerogative to change her mind. Hard but fun workout and maybe permafit averted.

Last edited by Hermes; 07-15-20 at 02:21 PM.
Likes For Hermes: