no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by MVclyde
OP here.......Thanks for all the replies. A few people asked what lights and reflective gear I have. Magic Shine 900 (from Geoman) on the front and Planet Bike Super Flash on the rear. For reflective gear I have an Illuminite jacket, reflective stripes on my pants & shoes, and reflectors on my pannier. Nothing on my helmet so I'll probably get another light or at least reflective tape. I really like the idea of having my wife follow me around the neighborhood at night to critique my visibility. True that I might not be as visible as I think I am.

My route is pretty safe. Mostly MUP, a few city streets, and neighborhood streets.
A backup light (especially used on the helmet) would be the only thing I'd ad for now, they work great for illuminating the turns and corners on the MUP I ride on.

Originally Posted by chrisb71
I got a jogging/hiking headlamp and put it around my dog's and my girlfriend's dogs neck. We started because her dog is 14 and can't see as well and wouldn't go down stairs in the dark. Very quickly while crossing a street I realized how much safer I felt about her when she was wearing the lamp, so I got one for my dog as well.

Now I know if he gets away from me, at least people will see him (esp. with him being all black). Now we just need to inject those photo luminescent genes from marine life into our dogs! (or our own skin )
Those puplights work great. My Mom got one for her dark colored dog, and he couldn't figure out how we can find him so easily when he ran away with it on.