Old 01-02-18, 09:01 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkWW
Just for clarification, both your progressive tests were done on a sled with two progressive rollers, correct? If you flipped both progressive rollers 180 degrees, would you get even less resistance, or do they need to oppose each other? Would you be willing to do a test with a sled with one progressive and one track roller?
If you invert a progressive drum it basically becomes a track drum. That's what i was led to believe at least! But to verify it I would have to take a progressive drum off of my progressive sled and put it on the track sled. Before I do this, I'll ask Feedback Sports. I also sent them the data. So there are only three possible resistance configs, assuming that an inverted progressive drum is the same resistance as a track drum:

2 progressive drums in standard position (high resistance)
1 progressive drum in standard position and 1 inverted progressive drum (medium resistance)
2 track drums (low resistance)

1 track drum and 1 inverted progressive drum? Hmmmmmm. If it were in between the last two above in terms of resistance, that might be ideal.