View Single Post
Old 08-26-18, 05:15 PM
gobicycling
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 493 Times in 153 Posts
I have just been through about 2 years of horrible pulmonary diagnoses - supposed to die in just a few years, etc. Really bothered me. Then, I figured, what the Heck - nothing has changed about me except someone's diagnoses. I will just keep cycling, swimming, walking, resistance exercising, stretching, keeping my weight, BP, etc., where they should be, and go on with my life.

Guess what - after about a jillion tests, I referred myself to National Jewish Hospital (best in the nation on respiratory diseases) who now state that my original diagnosis was incorrect. I have something, extremely rare - (maybe 400 folks in the entire world are known to have it) - but not a terrible something. So, I just keep on living as before, and have actually markedly increased my endurance.

The mindset is critical. Once you start thinking about yourself as "sick" you start acting that way. DON'T DO THAT. The statements above were very wise. You are still the same, keep on going. Don't get doctored to death. BTW, I am almost 79 years old.

Last edited by gobicycling; 08-26-18 at 05:24 PM.