Old 01-01-19, 05:46 PM
Walter S

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tandempower
I don't need to quote anything that supports my claim.
No, but you need a plausible argument that includes a smattering of logic.

All I am doing is pointing out that the most effective way to discourage people from hoping for change and progress is to tell them you're working on it but it's going to take a long time. If you tell them you're actively working to postpone it as long as possible because you're afraid you'll lose income when it happens, that would give them something to criticize you for. If you want to avoid criticism, you tell them you're working on it and when they complain that it's going too slow, you tell them it's not your fault it's the just the nature of the technological and legal hurdles that the process is very slow
More unsupported conspiracy rambings as usual. What's to keep an innovator like Musk from stealing away the car market by developing driverless? You're also forgetting the thousands of engineers that will know the real story on driverless. Are they going to all keep it a secret? What about people like me? If I believed driverless could be done easier than they say I would join in discussion forums etc. and support my case based on analysis and with a valid case I'll be believed. If the legal hurdles are not really difficult then judges and lawyers will weigh in on that and validate it or not.

It's also a bit telling that you're the only person on planet earth that believes this and you have absolutely nothing other fantasies about the car companies real motives to support your claim.

Last edited by Walter S; 01-01-19 at 06:02 PM.