View Single Post
Old 03-01-19, 08:19 AM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
​​​​​​It's mainly the touch screen I liked about the Oregon. It's such an intuitive and easy way to deal with maps. Buttons are just really frustrating in comparison. Also it has this 3D view, it looks like a video game, but it's an easy way to see where the hills are around you when trees block your view. I've used it on the bike, but never for address navigation.

I've never had to do this myself but I know Garmin will replace stuff very cheap after the warranty goes out. I looked it up when I sold a watch, it was 1/10 the price.

There's a site and forum called BackpackingLight. You can read without a membership. Touring on a bike imposed a lot of special needs, but those folks have a great deal of knowledge and you might find some useful info there too.
When you say Garmin will replace stuff, if I buy a Garmin computer and the warranty has been expired for say 5 years, they will sell me a new one for about a 1/10th of the price of a new one?