Old 05-05-19, 05:37 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
I'd have a serious look at the Canyon Grail. I have an Ultimate in 3XL (equivalent to 2XL in current models) and it's a totally awesome bike. I'm a long leg and arm 6'5". I had a Felt prior to that that was nice and solid with massive tubing but the short head tube was too aggressive to call comfortable. I was hesitant with the Canyon as it is such a huge bike, but mine is as solid as I could ask for. They really do know how to build a good bike in a big size.

The Grail has a lot of reach, but if you are going to take the thing off road, then shorter stems give better handling and so you can have that with the long Grail. If you don't think that you will do that, then you could possibly look at a shorter bike, but that stack is undeniably drool worthy in those Canyons.

Originally Posted by dr_lha
I'd personally avoid Aluminum frames like the plague, but that's just like, my opinion man.
Interested to know why you have this opinion? Frame material really means squat. How a bike is made means everything. Given my carbon experience with Canyon and my alloy custom Duratec track frame (63cm TT and I can barely flex it!), I'd be more than happy to go with a Canyon alloy.

If there's any spare money, it could be worth your while to see a person with a fit bike. There are guys around that will (for a small cost of course) plug in each frame dimension to a fit bike and can see which one is right for you, so you get what you want the first time
Likes For brawlo: