View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 12:53 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Thefencingman
Thank you for the tips. I've been told that I'm ambitious lol. What are the companies that plan and support cross country rides? we do have 2-3 years of prep. We're planning to stay in hotels along the way with very plan out route. Yes I'm thinking of a trailer and he's a medium size dog ( Shiba Inu to be exact ). Thanks again everyone!
Definitely listen to @indyfabz as he knows as much or more about this as anyone in the forums. If you're serious about taking the dog with you (and I think you probably shouldn't be), you should probably buy the trailer now and try some rides of varying length with him. Do some weekend credit card camping, for example. Riding for many hours in what's really a cage bouncing around on a road seems like something that could really stress a dog, and I imagine some of them tolerate it better than others.

As well as the concerns @indyfabz raised, one thing you might want to think about is how far you might be from the nearest vet if the dog gets sick or hurt in the big western states. There's an awful lot of big empty you're going to have to ride through out there.