View Single Post
Old 06-19-19, 08:57 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3376 Post(s)
Liked 5,518 Times in 2,860 Posts
Originally Posted by Beach Bob
I had a Wahoo RFLKT... it was garbage; passed it on to a young rider without the resources to buy something; seemed to work OK for him; difference... I'm android and he was IOS...

Garmin has a **** ton of problems; some of which they need to own and DCRainMaker called them out on it.
1) Cyclic bugs... a bug finally gets fixed and a couple of builds later, it comes back
2) LOUSY comm***cation - they have a forum, but they never acknowledge posts or bugs. If they were to comm***cate better, I think a lot of frustration in the user comm***ty could be contained.
3) Too Many Products - part of their whole issue is they have fractured the market into such small pieces that they end up in non-stop development cycles on way too many products. They're building a giant pyramid of garbage instead of a tower of quality items. On top of that, each product seems to be a ***corn! (i.e. it is ***que and can't leverage any existing code base.)

As a lot of people posted on DCRMers site... once a different manufacturer supports the Radar protocol (and it is open source!), I'll be done with Garmin. The Varia rear radar is the only thing holding me to them (and I am on my 4th ***t in 2 years!).
WTF, Bikeforums???
Why the hell are you censoring the letters *** (u-n-i)???