Old 02-14-21, 11:03 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeaddiction1
Could very well be, but I got another bike at the same time as this with the same paint and a few aftermarket differences and a weird component mix that make me think it was modified. That bike is here: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ying-bike.html This bike is in rougher condition and I need to think about refinishing. As I don't see it being high value I will likely paint it myself, or take the prepped bike to a autobody shop a friend has and get them to pint it a colour they already are putting on a car.
In that case, this leaves me intrigued. Was the previous owner trying to hide something, or just really in love with red paint? What other details might we find under the paint, evidence a braze-on front mech tab was once there? Did the previous owner take the time to fill the 'B' cutouts all around, and if so, why not just use bondo, filling them with braze is much more painstaking and time consuming...?

When I saw the serial# on the other bike you linked, immediately went to Worksop, it appears also not to be a shabby a ride. And I'm wondering what modifications may've existed on that bike also, referencing things removed, mostly.

And, yeah, what obrentharris said too.