View Single Post
Old 12-15-17, 04:05 PM
HLW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danny01
The 650b option is interesting. I'm planning on getting a set of 650b's for touring on the Jamis. Another thing to note is that my Expat fork had enough clearance to fit a 700x35 and a fender in between, but my new fork barely clears the same wheel/tire combo without the fender. This is to say that the fork on my 2018 Escapade has much less clearance than the fork on my 2016 Expat. Still trying to figure out a solution for a front fender.
This sounds like a move in the wrong direction for the Renegade. The steel bikes are still claiming 700x42/650x47 on the site. Is the clearance in the rear this the same? For awhile I ran a 35mm tire/45mm fender combo on my '17 Expat with no problems, could have even run a 50mm fender no problem. If anything, you would think Jamis would increase the clearance on the Renegade, especially the carbon models. All of the pictures you see on the bike reviews and bike show coverage sites show a fork that looks to have every bit the clearance as previous models.