Old 02-01-19, 08:40 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,012 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by RidingMatthew
i bet the traffic was nice! be smart and safe! <- not being a smart alec either

first time i read your post no picture showed up and when I set about replying it did.
Traffic on the roads was the lightest I think I've ever seen, with everything closed it was a like a statewide cabin fever holiday. I did see three others biking to work (based on bags), one of them is a buddy and stopped for a quick mitten bump.

Lisa was running a training event at work, so she had to go to work. The training was for a crew of new employees that flew in from around the US. They were blown away to be here for the polar vortex. She shared my pic and said it was going viral with her training group sharing it to all their friends back home. She also set them up to ask the kitchen staff at the hotel for a pot of boiling water - the trainees didn't think the hotel would understand the request, but they were super excited to help and show them the boiling water experiment.

For reference for those that don't know, here's an example of the boiling water to instant snow experiment