Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,644 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by carlos danger
I wonder why people post reviews of wheels here if they have only used them for like 100km. why the f even do that. Even the shoddiest built wheels will do good in these circumstances. is this a surprise???

I'll give you my own review here:

currently i have exactly 66km on them and they are the best wheels in the history of humanity. probably the best wheels in the entire universe (known and unknown, all 64 lightyears of it in radius). no question about it!!

They're like circular, and spin round and round and all that crap. Man these are so awesome i can't believe it. best shxx ever!!.
darn! or something....

With that being said. i have put wheels on the stand that was so unbalanced in TENSION that its was almost like a joke. yet they were still round and still quite true.

So how can the common user evaluate wheels after 2 trips to the supermarket, and a sunday cruise? How the F is that even possible??
You tell me!

I'd say its not possible.

when you have at the very least 1000km on the wheels then and only then can you provide any "review" of the wheels at all imo. and this is a good point to take data. and then for the full review then you sample the wheels at 10k km aka 10000 (an extra 0 there). and even then, thats not even a long distance. i have only one bike that has done less than 10k km! and its fukn new-ish!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i'll give you a 10000km review of my own built wheels for my lynskey cooper cx that i use as my rainy commuter (since it has brass honjo fenders).

wheels:
they are round
they are true to about 0,1mm
wow.

1 spoke in the front lost tension somehow and one in the rear. about 2 values on the park tool tension scale. i corrected it.
super duper good wheels really. or just regular quality?

a wheel.
You are just trying to impress us with your neat freakness aren't you?
Likes For Paul Barnard: