Old 03-04-19, 07:03 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by radroad
BikesDirect has a bike that barely ekes in. Free shipping and no sales tax makes it equivalent to a $2K bike with sales tax. Ulegra groupset. 34/34 low gear. Not really a gravel bike. Comes standard with 28c tires.

Save Up To 60% Off Disc Brake, Full Carbon, Aero Road Bikes NEW Motobecane Le Champion CF DISC PRO Shimano R8000 Ultegra 22 Speed+ Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Titanium ultegra disc. 34/34 low gear. Room for 40c tires. But, it's titanium.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/disc-brake-roadbikes/centurypro-ti-discbrake-road-ta.htm
I'd stay away from the Bikes Direct option. I have a buddy that bought two bikes fron them. The first, a Motobeane road bike with Ultega was not too bad, he had to do a lot of tuning and truing but wound up okay, but his second bike was a gravel bike that he could never get tuned up very well. He finally took it to a shop to see what they could do with it and they put the alignment gauges on it and showed him that the front and back wheels were 3 degrees out of parallel. It looked nice and had an Ultegra derailleur, but it was a piece of crap. Derailleur hanger was bent too. I guess at that price they have to save some mioney somewhere...

Last edited by dwmckee; 03-04-19 at 07:06 PM. Reason: updated info