View Single Post
Old 11-29-17, 10:10 PM
RideMyLeMond

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Professional, 1980 Raleigh Gran Sport (frame only), 1989 Diamondback Apex, 1997 LeMond Zurich, 2018 Specialized Diverge running R8020 Ultegra.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I did a demo ride of about 25 miles on a 2018 Diverge Carbon Comp and really like the ride. The FS worked well and didn't get in the way when standing to climb or to sprint from a dead stop. The riding position is a little more relaxed than I'm used to, but as I'm on the down-hill slope after 60, I may just need this. I was originally looking @ the Carbon Comp, except it is set up with the 105 shifters/brakes and RD/FD. My sights were set on the Ultegra level of components, so I may opt for just the Carbon Sport and upgrade the these items plus the wheelset and the Bars and seatpost. Anybody have any ideas/input on which model; Comp or Sport would be better as a starting point for just wanting the frame-set and crank-set and go upscale from there? I'm thinking that I'd still top out above the Carbon Comp price, but have Ultegra and better wheels for not too much more, like ~3200 to 3500-ish. I'm thinking that it would be better to start from 2,100 than 3,000 to replace so much of the OEM setup. My other thought was just settle on the Carbon Comp learn to like the 105 setup.