Old 03-01-19, 06:23 PM
schiavonec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have always loved biking. BMX, then mtb, then road/cx and now more road/commuter/exploring. I raced cc mtb decades ago, but decades of competing in multiple sports with impact and wear/tear injuries have taken a toll. I barely made it in the club (50s), but I am limited to biking, swimming and light weights. I want to tour or bikepack with my son, but he isn't quite ready. I commute when the family schedule permits because I need and enjoy exercise and env reasons coupled with limited free time. I bike with my border collie/heeler/jack russell mix because she needs an outlet. I squeeze in a fun ride on my cyclocross rig with mixed road/trail when I can because I love being out there on a bike.

On commutes I've seen many things that would go unnoticed: a 'grow' house in a trailor park, an owl hunting past dusk, hungry coyote pups calling for mom in the open space trails, how much people throw out on the street (especially glass ), a variety of birds including bald eagles and red tails picking off prarie dogs. There are also the other regulars (dog walkers, commuters, firemen on pt runs) to exchange a node/wave too. In summation, riding allows for a unique viewpoint and way to experience things.

Last edited by schiavonec; 03-02-19 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Add