Old 03-29-19, 08:00 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prelude, Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara/Centurion Ironman, '18 Diamondback Syncr, '18 handmade steel roadbike

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH View Post
The frame is custom. Hand built from S3 tubes, tig welded and filet brazed.

Having a frame custom made isn't the same as purchasing a mass produced bike.

Even so, after receiving a deposit Rodriquez was able to manufacture the frame and get it to my doorstep in under four weeks.
It was a joke. I completely get the difference between a custom frame and a mass produced bike/frame. I wasnt at all seriously calling you inconsistent or anything like that. It was simply funny to me that you declared you would never wait 3 weeks when you did wait over 3 weeks.
Again, i get why you waited and it makes total sense. I also get that you were speaking to something besides custom.
It was simply a funny comment to read so I responded in my own funny way(that clearly was lost). Not everything needs to be a serious game of 'gotcha'.

Its a sweet bike, pretty sure its one of the last with S3 since i dont think they use that tubing anymore(according to something of theirs that i read a few months ago) and all that makes it really neat. Take most of what I say with a grain or two of salt.