View Single Post
Old 04-21-19, 05:23 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
How strange I read what is posted by someone who doesn't really have a clue.

I worked for years in journalism, which involved evening shifts as a sub-editor getting the newspapers to printing stage. Often after midnight, getting home in the early dark morning. I miss it now, but that is the way life is when moving on to something else.

And it really is about time you moved on in the world of the motor vehicle. As you know it now, powered by petroleum products, it is likely to change in the relatively near future to solar power.
It's nice when you like your shift, but not everyone likes all shifts so it is good for automation to give people more freedom to work when they want and not when they don't want.

As for "moving on in the world of the motor vehicle," are you saying there is something bad about LCF because EV's can be powered with solar power? LCF is good for many reasons beyond saving fuel and CO2 emissions. If you really get down to it, it is about a more organic lifestyle, where you may not necessarily want to live completely without industrial machines, but less is better and the more you can do with your own 'human power,' the better.

I don't understand why people go on an LCF discussion forum to criticize LCF and promote driving. I wonder if it's because this forum was bought by internet brands, which seems to do business in car parts. If so, it's strange they've never stated explicitly that their purpose is to discourage LCF. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and use it to discuss LCF in a positive way.