Old 04-29-19, 04:13 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
This is a great thread.
I replied with a LIKE to this thread, not for the content, but the opinion.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...My own particular, self-appointed contribution to this Forum, other than posting, is to participate in and contribute to the "Chronicles of the Annual Fifty-Plus Rides".
As another touchstone to the past, in honor of the OP of this thread, @jpp3 , I posted when I met him in Boston at the end of his cross-country ride:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
It was one of my most pleasant cycling days in 40 years of cycling, to ride with jppe, and to direct his wife in the van to various locations and ultimately the Atlantic Ocean....

We mapped out a route to include a few historic sites that Jeri could meet us at by car. We stopped at the Walter Gropius home, a national historic architectural landmark; rode by Walden Pond; and lingered at the old North Bridge in Concord, site of the Battle of Concord on the first day of the Revolutionary War.

The day was as perfect as the pictures portray. I hope I didn’t embarrass jp to all the people I told of his exploit including those who took our pictures, but he graciously chatted with all of them.

I mentioned to him that on a Fifth Annual 50+ Ride, we visited the bridge, and I was delighted to hear that he had participated in the very first Annual 50+ Ride in Colorado (I had ridden on five, beginning with #2).