View Single Post
Old 05-01-19, 04:44 AM
hijklr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Loving the bike but even after the shop refitted a new FS cover, I’m still getting odd clunking noises from the front end. Going to take it in and have them look at it.

Mark,
There was a safety recall on the steerer tube collar which I believe was replaced after our bikes were originally assembled. Getting things back together correctly and removing play from the steering system requires an orderly and careful process which can't be rushed. I found the official instructions, per the recall, on how to reassemble the front end. It is somewhat tricky to remove the play in the steerer tube as there are two opposing preload screws which need to be unlocked and then tightened down in small alternating steps. Excess play could certainly be causing your "clunking". Also, there was no top spring installed in my future shock which made it feel mushy. After trying both the medium black, and light blue, I kept the blue installed and it feels nice. My future shock is working great and my front end feels solid with no clunking or looseness.
Kevin