Old 05-24-19, 01:30 AM
turtledove

Bikes: 2005 Specialized Dolce Elite, 19?? Avitar Expert

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pressed001
I would say that we do pretty different types of biking. I like what you say though and it is all true. What do you mean by "tubes"? Tubular? I like Ardents and I love Maxxis. Sad to say though, Schwalbe's Thunder Burts win over Tread Lite's for my riding.

This ride last year on this bike is the reason why I built this bike and also why I want discs on this Marin Team! The last leg of that route is about 1 mile drop in elevation and was murder for my hands with the rim-brakes!

In that case I'd recommend giving a look into a modern hardtail, or maybe even a bikepacking bike for the kind of riding you want to do. Your bike is not going to be as comfortable as those, and depending on the circumstances, it could be more economical than spending money on new fork, new wheelset, and everything on an outdated frame. If you're in the EU, there's plenty of great cheap options available, I've been staring at these bikes for weeks even though I don't need them at the moment lol https://nordestcycles.com/en/cuadros