View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 01:09 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
I'm involved in the beta group, I was initially invited back in June along with some other forum folks who've been around there since the beginning. Our initial group was from June-Sept and we had only a glimpse of where things were going but it looked cool even then. I've had about a week with this, and although I'm not currently on a plan where adaptations would be suggested, I'm using the workout progression classifications to make small jumps in workout difficulty. For example, last week I started a progression of vo2 workouts, I did a couple rated 4.5 and they went fine. On Tuesday I did a workout rated 6.3 and considered a "stretch" workout. For a number of reasons I struggled with it, so it certainly was a stretch. Today I chose one that would be a smaller jump (entitled 'productive') and rated 5.1 and nailed it. So next week I'll probably do one rated 5.5 and see how that goes. So, at the moment I'm not being directed by the AI and making my own decisions, but even so being able to gradually progress with workouts makes things more manageable and not overextending oneself with overly difficult workouts. After this current block I'll be going back on a proper plan with their sweet spot base, and I'll be curious how they'll adjust me as I progress because I tend to excel at those.
Likes For hubcyclist: