View Single Post
Old 07-08-19, 04:46 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Originally Posted by cocoabeachcrab
and the wheel/tire size is something easily dealt with when it's new tire and tube time? i'm somewhat "illiterate" on vintage bikes like this one ... i had an Austro Damier Vent Noir back when i was stationed in New Hampshire in the 70's and i'm restoring a Technium right now, so i know my way around the tool box and fixing my bikes, but things like thread sizes for a bike like this are out of my experience! just a few more questions if you don't mind.. the freewheel type and threading, the rear derailleur and bottom bracket threading. thank for your time!
There are a lot of 27" tires on the market, though they aren't typically available in as high of quality as 700c tires, which is the current standard. They work great but you won't find a lot of width and tread options, and none of them are meant to be super lightweight. They're meant to put on old bicycles to keep them on the road.

A regular 700c tube is close enough to the same size that it works for both 700c/27" - literally just a few millimeters difference in total circumference.

Let me get back to you within a day or two on the last questions/details. I would need to check the bicycle out in person and I'm at work on break just now. Cheers!

-Gregory